Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Inspired from INSIDE the Home




So,its been raining and a little chilly for like 4 days here now.Although I don't like the chill in the air...especially being as its August,I find the sound of the rain very relaxing..While sitting in my newly located sewing room ( small room that leads to our upper porch/balcony),I cracked the door to allow the soothing sound of the rain to pour in and began to sew.

Trying something new,I was inspired by my dining room,which is completely red,white,and blue Americana,primitive decor....I began to make these adorable Americana ornaments with a primitive look from fabric remnants,buttons,etc.After sewing and stuffing these little guys ,I then hand stitched and stained them,to give that older primitive feel.I was very pleased with the finished product.These hand crafted stars and hearts can be used as tree ornaments...whether its your Christmas tree,or just a decorative tree in your home year round or even as hanging shelf or wall decor.The possibilities are endless.



No comments:

Post a Comment